Sunday, June 15, 2008

And then she said...

After reading through most of the Australian gay blogs on the pink board's list, or in a lot of cases rather scrolling through a lot of hot and not-so-hot half naked to offensively naked men and advertisements, I realized there's not very many gay guys in Victoria blogging.

On a similar train of thought, I went to the doctor this afternoon after waking up at about 3.15pm and still not feeling my usual great self. It turned out I had a pretty full on chest infection so my Russian doctor (da, yes, I saw it wanz bak in Russia while i stjudied) prescribed some sweet antibiotics and, my boss will love this one, another day off from work tomorrow. I had a blood sample taken as well, so my arm's a bit sore at the moment. Luckily nowhere close to as sore my arm was the last time I had a sample taken, when the evil woman stabbed me with a needle the size of the adrenalin syringe from Pulp fiction just before I went out kite surfing. I also purchased a thick and warm white, woolen sweater ($6 @ Savers) to keep me toasty while at home, and a beanie ($2 @ Savers) and gloves ($10 @ k-mart) for my bicycle ride to work. The beanie is the least disgusting of the three, though I think I can pull the sweater off as nationalistic irony.

Had a lovely dinner tonight at X's house with L-bomb and Drunk (X's a great cook, as she said herself, "I would have been an excellent housewife, I'm perfectly chisseled for suburban life, unfortunately I've got ambition") and we talked about wrapping parent's cars around poles, Drunk's mother referring to his girlfriend as a dirty whore, Batman series from the 70s, the 2 AM lockout and our own binge drinking traditions. Norway is quite exceptional when it comes to drinking culture; or total lack thereof, but coming to Australia I was blown away by the sheer volume of alcohol consumed. It didn't take long for the first feeling of being an alcoholist was replaced by numbness and a place for GT's in the daily diet though.

While writing this I've been listening to Michael Franti & Spearhead's Stay Human album. I saw him perform at the Fillmore in San Francisco when I was living there, and what an experience that was. X said she hadn't seen me that happy ever, and that has to count for something. If only my heart were the size of his..

No comments: