Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ENTERTAIN ME DAMNIT

After being sick for what feels like for ever (4 ever ever? 4 -ever- ever? _Outkast) I'm socially starved and in great need of seeing real people instead of cockshots and blurry bathroom tiles on gaydar. I've been disconnected from the real world a little too long and seem to have forgotten how to start a usual conversation ("is dat u in the pic?" isn't my line of choice trying to pick up on the tram).

Good being back at work today, but was fairly bored so I took a long lunch break (I'm getting pretty good at that as nobody seems to really care when you're in the office, so I rather work late and get a bit of those sweet melbourne winter days instead at lunch untill somebody tells me off). I went to the record store and picked up some sweet classics (Grandmaster Flash' two first albums, Otis Redding's best double disc and Stevie Wonder's awesome Talking book) and a new one which sounded interesting by review, Crystal Palace, but turned out not to be getting heavy rotation in my itunes back in the office. I might just have to start dj'ing on the office speakers; the headphones I've borrowed of the office leprechaun make me look like a dope pilot who has no idea what he's doing, with the microphone on the one side of the headphones.

No comments: