Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good day sunshine

Welcome to the blog that's 100% certified in your face (according to 1 voter; me. Just to test).

Today was a pretty uneventful day at the office; won't be getting into details as I think everybody in my office secretly follows and lives vicariously through my postings. Anyhow, I went to the dhermatologist this morning and got light treatment before work in this chamber that's basically a sunbed standing on its end. Isn't that ironic; the skin doctors warn you about going to the solarium because you'll get melanoma, but apparently it's quite alright as long as it's on the premises of professionals that aren't even present.. Anyhow, it's UVB, so I'll get a sweet tan. I don't complain about that fact. Quite a hilarious experience, it felt so provincial with the chick behind the counter (Aunt Margareth?) explaining the workings of the machine and all the rattling noizes it would make, and her knowing the first name of everybody who came in. And I got to wear awesome protective sunglasses that I will photo the next time I'm in there on Thursday.

For lunch I went to the gym and ran for a while and then did lower body at a ridiculously high tempo so that I could go and perv in the locker room. Really.. what do you think of me. It's still kind of hard NOT to look at others in there though, where are you supposed to look? Stare gloomily into the floor tiles like some depressed company whore or joyfully load things into your bag while humming a psalm planning the sunday youth group workshops in your head; I easily choose perving. Decently of course, it's not a sauna though they have two of them and probably 80% of the male patrons are queers.

Tonight I've had a two hour full body massage + Bowen therapy treatment, oh joy! Try it and weep. I have a pretty high pain threshold, but parts of that almost made me hyperventilate. A friend back home told me that we all have a given, finite number of breaths to breathe. That was his argument for not exercising. My argument for exercising is obviously the opportunity to perv.

I forgot my phone at home today, so didn't get to do any of the snaps I wanted to while swimming through rush traffic on my single speed.

Today I've been listening to Goldfrapp's latest and wonderfully relaxing album 'Seventh tree' while reading provincial news from North Yorkshire, watching the evil eye baby and dreaming of and missing the Norwegian summer. Let's adopt more happy babies.

2 comments:

tyler said...

i am jealous of your massage. i miss my shiatsu.
i need someone to place their hands on me and rub.
it's 1241pm here in nyc and i keep forgetting if its later or earlier where you are.
peace,
t.

Happy said...

I completely fucked up the AM-PM thing as I'm used to a 24hour timeset. it was 12.30AM, not PM. Late in other words. I reckon NY is about -6 h? Melbourne is +8 I think, so we should be about 14 hours ahead, depending on daylight savings and all that stuff that drives me nuts. Anyhow, your posting shows 2.41 AM here, and you said 12.41PM, so i reckon it's settled.

swim easy