Sunday, July 6, 2008

I want to live in the 30's

Today I went to see the art deco exhibition with A Boy, and it was pretty awesome. They had a beautiful, red 30's Mercedes Convertible standing at the entrance that would gulp 30 liters of petrol per 100k's, which anyhow is about the same as the standard consumption for any aussie vehicle today so I can't see why they had to point that out. Wonderful to see how technology moves forward! Would have been pretty sweet to have lived in that era; jazz, foxtrot, zeppeliners and oppression.. Check out the sweet dance style The Big Apple from the 30's.

Yesterday I went walking with Doc D and Sunray's hyperactive and demanding dog that he was babysitting while Sunny was up in the country. Along the way we saw two things that I found pretty hilarious: a) male pram jogger with bad sloppy tights and twins, stacked in the pram b) gothers going to KFC in the afternoon.

--

Today it is a whole new day, actually, it's already Monday night, and I haven't even bothered to finish off yesterday's posting. I'm such a lazy whore. Get my shit together. Go to the gym. Eat fresh. Have hot sex. Find the man of my dreams. Have great friends. Be succsessful. Have plenty of sparetime to relax and wander around the house in trackies and watch clueless and cook amazing meals. Life's such a contradicting bitch.

Didn't get to go to the gym tonight as I had to finish up some work, but went for dinner with Doc D and Sunray instead at my favourite Korean place, Goshen, on Smith street. Will try and get up fairly early tomorrow and go for a run before work. Local time now 1.55AM. T minus 5.05 and we have lift-off.

While doing this I have been dreaming of getting Flying Lotus' album Los Angeles which I listened to at the record store today while searching for a soundtrack. But now that I've heard more than the two, apparently, best tracks I'm a bit uncertain. Will have to read up on it before purchasing. Broadcast's "Haha Sounds" seems sweet though, and the same for the Midnight Juggernauts "Dystopia".



3 comments:

tyler said...

chris:
where you been, man? you ok?
i miss your pithy comments. my e-mail is on my profile if you want to talk.
peace,
tyler

tyler said...

well chris:
you haven't posted for 2 months now so i'm going to assume that you entered a time machine and did indeed go back to the 1930's, heh?
peace,
tyler

tyler said...

chris:
glad to see you back...or are you?
offer still open: e-mail if you want to spill.
peace,
t.