Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Working 9 to 5

.. Would be oh so lovely every now and then. Anyhow, it's now 12.35 PM and I'm having tuna, pretty much out of the box for dinner. I left work at 9.45 after looking for my keys for about 20 minutes and pissing myself off for being so well together when it comes to where I live my kit (see Saturday morning's note on leaving MuscleKylie..). I stopped by Safeway to get trail mix and a banana to get my energy levels up a bit (whenever I'm grumpy, a banana does the trick... ;), and bumped into my german buddy whom I suspect was out browsing under the poor excuse of getting glad wrap. Then I had a real late night session at the gym until closing time at midnight and now I feel pretty good about myself. And tired.

Last night we had our concert, and even though I didn't have a goddamned black collared shirt it all went really well (I had on my awesome black Cheap Monday skinny jeans, now not featuring mysterious stains from trippy taco, and a black merino wool jumper). The service was in commemoration of Stonewall, which was a protest march in 1969 after the police gay bashing at the Stonewall Inn. It's been some time since I've been in a church, and I suddenly remembered why. It was still pretty entertaining to see the creativity they had come up with, having a projector playing videos of bears jumping in the water and tiger cubs play fighting, glorious neon rainbow coloured banners that make you wonder how gay people can be referred to as trendsetters and an acid trippy patterned cloth covering the altar table. It was so cute I almost shit myself. In retrospect I wish I had.

To get a bit of counterweight to the whole experience of the butch priestess we went to the Opium Den. There they had a karaoke night on, and all the crews from all of the shows that are currently running were there, including Mary fucking Poppins. In other words all professionals trying to impress other professionals and get laid. Instead of getting on stage we stood in the back and screamed a bit at the guy singing Maroon 5 in a nasal voice, discussed spiking the German's drink and how easy it was to get AIDS from licking toilet seats these days. It started dying down at the Den, so we left for Sircuit where I haven't been too many times before (ok, I'm lying through my teeth, but you don't know that). Feeling dead tired after a whole week of averaging no more than 3-5 hours of sleep a night and a pretty massive one the night before I didn't last too long. They were playing awesome music though, respect to the 'Jay for bringing out the sweet eighties electro classics! On the way home me and the Accompanist first honked the horn at the German, then at random girls in too short skirts with too high heels who were too drunk. At home I got electrocuted (in a sort of good way..) by a Malaysian machine that was supposed to do a mixture of massage and rape. Today my neck feels a lot better than what it has done the last week after last Saturday's frantic head tossing session.

While doing this I've been: having Sirena tuna in oil, italian style.

Ok, I've been listening to the Junior Boys 'So this is goodbye' album, and Para One's awesome, banging Dudun-dun from the 'Epiphanie' album. Wow I need some new sweet electro. Feel free to drop me some tips.

No comments: