Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Holiday

After yesterday's massage session my body has just gone completely hiwire. I've been stupid fatigued and not of much use today. Woke up at 8.30, but wasn't really feeling like getting up and finally rocked up at work at 10.30. After work I had vietnamese chicken pho; soup, with a friend before choir practice, where I completely crashed. My friend drove me home half way through it, and I ended up soaking in the bath for 45 minutes. Haven't done that for a couple of years I think. While soaking I had two bixit wheat biscuits and sent two texts.

My plans of having a detox month after last nights session lasted about 15 hours. Hot chocolate is such a killer. To me, it's what bacon is to vegetarians; the one thing that makes them turn to the dark side. I was pretty good up until then though and had heaps of fruit (strawberries, pear, dried paw paw, mandarin, grapes and a grenadine apple), dark rye bread, nuts and water. Maybe not all is lost after all. I'll become a better person tomorrow.. (reminds me of one of Jurassic 5's tracks about change, but hell if I can remember the name.)

While doing this I've been listening to Billie Holiday's God bless the child, chatting to friends on MSN, browsing broocees bower's last snaps and getting a live report from a friend at home having his third in a couple of hours of my favourite ice cream. I usually enjoy the last bit the most, that and the very much anticipated first bite, while he enjoys the middle part more as it's just more of it. I get upset when I finish a chocolate bar, or whatever really, without realizing it's the last bit of it as I really savour that part. Anyhow, me feeling like a holiday somewhere warm.

Today's most awesome purchase: hot water flask in black and white checkered felt cover, $4.95.

2 comments:

tyler said...

chris:
one of our big national holidays is friday, july 4th: independence day. independence from the nasty, brutal brits..hehehe.(circa 1776)
picnics, fireworks: except for christmas..THE big holiday here.
so i see that you write about food alot. i earn extra money when i am home in santa barbara whoring myself out to various catering companies as a chef. (i studied in france for, on and off, 3 years....summers). so food i know and love. hot chocolate? heh? bitersweet chocolate from trader joe's:yes. chocolate cake: yes.
i do watch what i eat and part of academic program demands that i take classes with various varsity teams to keep in shape (now THAT makes interesting reading).
so today is a holiday there: which one?
anyway: you do realize (im only saying this becayse you are a newbie and that it took you a bit to realize how to allow comments on your blog...) that you can comment on any comment i leave for you on my blog, right?
anyway: keep writing so i can read it and comment via these long winded, bull shit containing retorts.
peace,
tyler

Anonymous said...

A detox month? Month!

I don't see how thta's possible. I get cravings like a pregnant woman after 48 hours, if I don't get mah chocolate.